Building School Improvement Plan (BSIP)
Walden Middle School Building School Improvement Plan - Goals SY 23-24
Measure: Access and Opportunity Index
Strategy 1: Deploy MTSS: Expand and systemize intervention processes K-12 for reading and math.
· Action Step - MTSS interventions selected by teams
· Action Step - NWEA goal setting lesson
· Action Step - CCR Index Lesson
Strategy 2: Fully deploy a plan to implement AVID schoolwide K-12.
· Action Step - Ensure teachers are implementing lessons using WICOR
· Action Step - Ensure 70% or more staff are trained in AVID
·Strategy 3: Implement culturally responsive education practices.
· Action Step -PD for staff on CRE strategies - DEIB Narrative: EPLC(do Culturally Responsive Practices- have highest group lead with others)
Measure: Climate Index
Strategy 1: Deploy MTSS: Expand and systemize intervention processes K-12 for behavior.
· Action Step - Speak to -Restorative practices/PBIS DEIB Narrative: EA
·Strategy 4: Implement a preK-12 social emotional learning curriculum.
· Action Step - Weekly Implementation of Character Strong
·Strategy 5: Develop a chart of work to implement the DEIB Drivers and Narratives.
· Action Step - Celebrate cultural diversity through monthly focused lessons DEIB Narratives: CSWS, CMC
· Action Step - Cultural Leadership Group DEIB Narrative: EIR, SSCC
Measures: Human Resources Scorecard Financial Scorecard
Strategy 3: Sustain a fiscally intentional operating budget reflective of strategic goals.
· Action Step - Ensure equitable distribution of funds for all teachers to support their programs
· Action Step - Funds available to support all strategic goals
Teaching adolescents to be resilient, problem-solving and compassionate adults.